Monday, March 14, 2016

Our first guest

Real friends step in when life gets hard.

Dan left on Sunday and because of this gal, I only had to endure three days on my own before she came to save the day!

Angela was my roommate at Northern Illinois University. We instantly became friends and have remained close since then. We were bridesmaids in each other's weddings, married only one month apart the summer of 2007. Her first son was born shortly before Jake, and Matty was born shortly before her second son - so they have become friends and love playing together, which is such a blessing! Angela and I have been able to relate on a whole new level as moms. But not just moms - moms of BOYS.

It had been a while since I saw Ang last so I was really looking forward to her visit. She was coming alone. Her husband agreed to send her down sans kiddos: she has 3 young boys! (Bless you, Steve!)

On Wednesday afternoon I collected the boys from school then we headed to Atlanta! We all had dinner out together in the city. It was so good to see her. We stayed up way too late catching up.

The next morning we dropped the boys off at school then headed to the SPA for a little moms morning out!!

Pedicures at Chateau Elan
Choosing a color

Lunch at Atlanta Bread Company
We had such a great visit. We gave Ang a tour of Buford, had a playdate at a park, watched Jake's baseball game, went for walks around the neighborhood, and the boys showed her their schools. We also got a sitter one night and went out to dinner!

Dinner at Adam's Piano Bar in Buford
Ang and my boys

And just like that, it was time for her to go. After such a great visit, I didn't want to let her. We spent every evening staying up way too late, talking, watching Lifetime and HGTV, until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore. It was just the distraction I needed with Dan gone. Can't beat 3 girls nights in a row! It was such a sweet visit.

This time I cried. It hit me that when Angela left, Dan wouldn't be returning. And I probably wouldn't her again for 9 months. And I was dropping her off at night. Something about that made it even sadder.

I took a deep breath and smiled at my boys in the car, remembering that we had a big week ahead, with only 3 more days before our next guests arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment