Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Reveal(s)

We found out Jake's gender at 21 weeks. Matt at 16. That was 5 years ago, and then 16 weeks was early to learn the gender, so we were excited to find out at 11 weeks this time!

We went for our blood test & ultrasound and told the tech that we wanted to be surprised, so she sealed the results in an envelope for us!

Been there, done that. (Without much success, might I add!)

Rewind 5 years.
We went in for our ultrasound with baby #2, and asked the tech to seal the results in an envelope. Only seconds after exiting the parking lot, Dan looked at me and said, "I can't wait. We need to open it now." He then turned into the parking lot of The Liberty Diner (a favorite), where we ordered lunch and pulled open the folded piece of paper, together!

It was a sweet memory, but this time I was determined to last longer! And since Pinterest offers an abundance of adorable baby ideas, I wanted to find out in a different and special way.

So, here it is. The envelope. Just sitting on the counter, staring back at us, begging to be opened.


DAY 1: Dan couldn't stand it anymore and asked to open it that night. I wanted to do it with the boys who were already in bed, so I told him no. (haha)

DAY 2: Dan couldn't stand it anymore and asked to open it. I hadn't decided on a reveal idea yet, so I told him no. And then proceeded to google/pinterest ideas... :)

DAY 3: I thought the cupcake reveal idea would be fun for the boys, so I called our local baker and they were able to have them ready the next day!

DAY 4: Game Day. The REVEAL!


We set the cupcakes out in front of the boys and asked them each to guess first.

Matt guessed girl. Jake guessed boy.

Let me be specific. Matt guessed "lady baby" because we had "too much" boys in this family. HA!
The Baking Grounds in Buford prepared cupcakes filled with the appropriate color frosting inside.

Watching the boys was THE BEST. We could not wait to find out!!! 
Matt was quick to yell, "It's a GIRL! (and also quick to point out to Jake that he was right!)

A GIRL!!!!


A GIRL??? 

Wait, what?? We both expected it to be a boy. Dan and I were both, well... surprised. Quite confused, actually. I had hoped it was a girl this time because I always dreamed of having a daughter, but I thought it would be another boy (and I was okay with that!)

We had only known boys. During our pregnancies, and after our boys were born, we only said "he", "him" and "the boys". This was a game changer! 

I cried I was so ecstatic. And the next morning Dan & I both looked at each other in disbelief. "Did we find out last night that we are having a GIRL????!!!"   :)

It took some time to get used to saying "she" and "her", which was okay because we didn't want to spill the beans too quick. We would be seeing both sets of parents in the coming weeks for Christmas and wanted to do a cupcake reveal with them, too!

My sister flew in from Oahu and my parents from Chicago, for Christmas at our house in Buford. As soon as they arrived, we ushered them into the dining room for the reveal. We couldn't wait! 
Mom guessed boy. Dad and Shana guessed girl. The boys were SO GOOD and didn't give it away!
Dan's parents arrived the week after Christmas and again, we ushered them straight to the dining room for the reveal! We wanted to share the news in person, but boy was it hard to keep that secret!
After 2 sons and 3 grandsons, Yaya finally gets her little girl, a granddaughter!

And there you have it, folks. A baby girl. The sweetest Christmas gift I could have ever asked for. Our boys were excited. We were excited. Our family and friends were excited. Thank you, Lord, for your sweet blessings!


 We're going to have a daughter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment