Okay, lets face it. I stink at managing a blog.
But, lets also face the fact that I underestimated how crazy busy life would be with "2 under 2". Throw into the mix that Matthew was unable/unwilling to breastfeed so I had to pump for each and every feeding (for over 6 months, until the Brestaurant closed for business) paired with a fiery toddler and you have yourself a nice big bucket of crazy. And not much free time.
I told friends & family (especially those not on facebook) that I would share stories and pictures here and I even included our family blog site in our Christmas newsletter encouraging everyone to check out all the fun we have going on here and then ... nothing. Oops!
So with April quickly approaching, I decided to put aside all the unimportant things like feeding my children (kidding, they're asleep) and get back to business. Back to the important stuff....
You know, like sharing how everyone's poop always ends up in the toilet. NOT.
Or, that my 2 year old son has a more advanced vocabulary than me. TRUE.
And how my favorite current jam is, 'They're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight....' (and yes, always sung in a British accent in this house)
Anyway, we're BAAAAAACCCCKKKKK! (for now :) )
The important thing here is that we survived. We survived the 'survival mode' stage, which feels like a lifetime of sleepless nights, nursing/bottle feeding, diaper blowouts, no schedule/routine...
Actually, it wasn't so bad, because this time we got one of 'those' babies. The 'easy baby'!! A calm, laid-back, go-with-the-flow baby who slept through the night at 8 weeks - A great sleeper from the beginning who continued to be a great sleeper! The kind of child I was super jealous that other moms had, back when I was struggling with a colicky infant who never wanted to sleep, and didn't for 2 months straight! (When I would finally get him down, he would wake up screaming minutes later, even the sound of someone breathing! I can't believe how much easier parenting is when you have a good sleeper! But, I digress...
Most importantly, I am LOVING this stage -- Jake is now 2.5 and Matt is almost 10 months old. He's following in his brother's footsteps with weight, tracking at 50% and length at 90% and crawling at 8 months! The only difference from peanut head is that this guy has a bigger head. Which we believe he needs to support all that red hair... ;)
A little more about Matt. We have learned that he is a little on the quiet side, but he is all smiles and loves 'playing' with (watching) his big brother. He is very observant. And that hair... I can not talk enough about his hair. It goes perfectly with his sweet face and bright blue eyes. What a special little guy!
Jake is very social and always talking or singing - I enjoy playing with him and listening to his songs (even made up ones, yes it's a Furrow thing!) AND all the hilarious things he is saying these days. He never fails to make me laugh each day.
One thing I am learning is that every day is an adventure! And I like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment