Friday, January 6, 2012

MIA

(started this post a LONG time ago but life with 2 is a lot more time consuming than I thought. :)

Yep, still alive over here. Just been a bit preoccupied as we've entered 'that phase'.

You know, the phase where baby #2 refuses to sleep and demands constant attention, while baby #1 also constantly demands my attention (aka pooping in his pants and sticking his hand down in it), let alone finding time to actually stick a piece of food in my mouth, which would be just fine because I still have a ton of baby weight to lose, except for the fact I break down from being overwhelmed and shove my fat face full of Nestle milk chocolate morsels and a can of Pringles (as I type) because those two things naturally go great together. Throw in the fact that I haven't showered in a couple days (maybe 3? i stopped counting) and I'm the perfect candidate for 'Moms Gone Wild'.

Anyway, sweet relief just came in the form of both boys napping at the same time right now (thank you, Jesus!) so I am able to respond to emails and blog as I eat my morsels and Pringles..... and catch up on my FB habit, of course.
Seriously though, I love these kids. To pieces! Jacob is adorable with his growing vocabulary and ability to communicate and he started 'pre' pre-school which is awesome for me because duh, I get a little break from Mr. Slip-n-Slide (temper tantrum form) and great for him because he gets social interaction with other kids (aka pushing others around) and comes home in a great mood (because he is a bully).
btw, Jake just woke up. I am now bribing him with my 'morsels' in his high chair so I can actually finish something, anything, that I started (this post). It's actually win/win if you think about it. I get to finish this and he gets chocolate. I know, Mom of the Year...

Jake's favorites phrases right now are: 'I don't wike (like) it!' (which he says in response to just about everything) except when he says, 'I need it' (morsels). And he says 'too mosh' when there is 'too much' in his mouth, and then spits it out (although there isn't too much, it's always just something he doesn't like and doesn't want to eat.) What a clever little squirt...

Matthew is adorable - he makes the funniest faces and gives his toy animals some serious stink eye. He is at a fun stage - even though it is the stage where he doesn't nap, at least he makes up for it with smiles & giggles! He is packing on some serious lb's, which I love. And no matter what we do, we cannot escape his inevitable mohawk. His hair just keeps growing higher and higher and sticking straight up. He could really give Donald Trump a run for his money with this hair! (I really do try to comb it down, I promise!)
What else is new? Ummm.. Jacob's 2nd birthday party was a lot of fun (can't believe he's 2) - we decided to go with the theme of Jake's personal friend and mentor 'Thomas', went apple picking last weekend and I am planning to making apple crisp to go along with this 'crisp' fall weather, I start a Mom's group on Tuesday, and we're going to the zoo next weekend. That pretty much covers it!
Here are some Jake highlights:


Dan: Are you going to be a good boy and listen to Mommy today?
Jake: No
Dan: You’re going to ignore Mommy?
Jake: Yeah


Dan: Jake, did you take a bite out of this soap? Is this your bite mark?
Jake: No
Dan: Then who did this?
Jake: Mommy
Dan, No, I don’t think Mommy did this.
Jake: Auntie Baines
Dan: This doesn't look like Auntie Baines' bite mark.
Jake: Papa

Me: Jake, who made you?
J: God...make you.
M: How did God make you?
J: God tools
M: How did God make you??
J: Happy

Jake: ride horse, pees?
Mommy: okay (helping him on and pushing button)
Oh, he needs new batteries. I’ll fix it later, I need Daddy to help me.
Jake: No, Mommy need help…

and my personal favorite, during storytime last night:
M: Jake, what is this?
J: Owl
M: What does an owl say?
J: Honeycock

No comments:

Post a Comment