All moms have funny poop stories. Wait, let me re-phrase: All moms have gross, funny poop stories (gross at the time, funny later). You gotta laugh about it, it's life, so if you're not too uptight to laugh with me, read on. I have two very recent (and a little too close together for my liking) stories I will share. Thankfully, I was only present for one of them.
1. While away at my mom's conference (which I will share about in a later post), Dan texted to give me an update of his evening with Jake. Every night before bath/bed, we have 'Naked Time' with Jake. Oh, let me clarity - not 'we' as a family, but we as in 'we let Jake' have naked time. :) Anyway, he loves it - I don't know, something about being a boy and running around 'free' is exciting to him - but he goes crazy running around and squealing with joy, and we love watching him because it's hilarious!
We typically limit the time to avoid 'accidents', but Dan texted me to say that Jake decided to stop and pee on our master bedroom carpet at the 'beginning' of naked time. He cleaned it up quick, and then went to get Jake for his bath, and that's when it happened. He caught Jake in his nursery, naked and in a semi-squat, and what happened next will be something he will never forget. Out plopped a pretty decent size turd, which fell right out of his little butt onto his carpet. Now, part of me is thankful I wasn't there, but another part of me wishes I was - to witness the look on Dan's face! I would have paid big money to be a fly on the wall to see his reponse and how he handled it!
By the way, I will spare you all pictures on this specific blog post ;)
2. I'm in the kitchen getting Jake's lunch together while he plays in his playroom around the corner. He waddles in with a toy, sits on the floor and plays for a couple minutes, he then stands up with his toy. I say, 'Okay Jake, lunch is ready, lets get in your highchair' and as I begin to carry his plate into the dining room, he interrupts me with, 'Guck! Guck!', pointing to the floor.
Well, I'm not exactly sure how that poop ball managed to find its way out of Jake's diaper and onto my kitchen floor, but I sure am glad I saw it when I did (right away!) and glad that Jake was the one who pointed it out (before I stepped in it) by saying 'Guck! Guck!'= which is Jake's way of saying 'yuck'!
He stood there patiently watching while I cleaned it up, with a somewhat proud look on his face. I don't know if he thought it was funny that I was having to clean up his poop ball, or if he was proud that he pointed it out right away because it's 'Guck!' but I guess I'll never know. Either way, I laughed so hard when I shared that story with Dan later. These are the moments that make our life.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment