On Monday, before the big snow, I went to Jewel & Dominick's to do my 'super-couponing' for the week, and every single check-out line was filled with people lining up well into the store aisles - people with full carts of food, as if 'stocking up' for the 'big storm'. I thought it was a little ridiculous. These people are crazy, I thought. It's not like we're going to be snowed in... Or so I thought. :)
I picked up a few things and after waiting in line for a good hour, okay maybe 15 minutes, but that's still a long time!, I was on my way. Then the next morning, the snow began to fall. And fall. And fall some more. And it didn't stop! It was getting so bad that my husband, who NEVER leaves work early, actually left work early. Unfortunately he got home later than usual because of how bad the roads were, but thankfully he made it home safely! Here are a couple pictures of Jake cuddling in his blanket on my bed, watching the snow fall outside :)
Dan finally got the driveway cleared, but the streets were still a disaster. People were zooming down our street in snowmobiles and running around with sleds. It was fun to watch :) I accepted the fact that we were definitely 'snowed in' and wouldn't be going anywhere, so I went inside to make Jake some homemade yogurt and what did I realize? I didn't have enough MILK! After all that. haha. So, I have to hand it to all of you who 'stocked up' for the big snowball. You have milk. I don't. At least not enough to make yogurt. Guess I'll save that project for another day :)
Things were a bit better Thursday morning. Schools were closed and it was brutally cold outside, but the roads were cleaned up 'enough' for Dan to safely get to work if he took his time. By Friday, life seemed to be carrying on as usual, so I ventured out to Dominicks. To get my milk. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment