Wednesday, October 20, 2010

HOT! HOT!

That is about all Jake has been saying these days! :)

Everything is 'HOT!' right now. Pots. Pans. Candles. Food. Jacob's butt....  :)

When we cook dinner in the evenings, we are sure to tell Jacob not to go near the oven or pots/pans on the stove because they are 'hot!' One evening I was getting dinner started and he pointed to the pan and said 'HOT!' 'HOT!' It was hilarious. I was so impressed with how well he enunciated it, too! He was so proud of himself (and I'm sure he enjoyed the praise we gave him for saying it), that he sounded like a broken record the rest of the week - Just toddling around saying, "hot, hot, hot, hot!"

I am proud of him for applying 'hot' to other things. Not just the pans and pots, but the candles I burn occassionally (out of his reach, of course), food from the microwave, Dan's coffee mug, where he can see the steam rising.. oh and the butt reference! A few days after he discovered 'hot' - he touched his butt and said 'hot! hot!' I checked his diaper and it was poopy. This has become a common thing now! And it makes sense - if we tell him hot means ouch, or doesn't feel good - he has associated it with his butt not feeling so good after he poops, haha! So I pretty much know when he says hot and touches his diaper that it is time for a change :)

Of course, Jacob has said the 'typical' first 'word Dada & Mama, but this was a more unique 'first' word. Since then, he has really been expanding his vocabulary. He says Ba for Ball, Da for Dog, and has recently started saying 'UP' when he wants me to pick him up or wants out of his high chair/carseat. His newest word is 'Papa'.

I am loving this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment