Friday, March 12, 2010

Jake Update

Jacob started rolling from tummy to back! I was really excited because he throws his arms back like he is 'flying' during tummy time so I didn't think he would roll from tummy to back until he learned to keep his arms in front. However, once again Jacob showed us he is boss and rolled right over his arm onto his back! It takes him a little while, but that is the way Jacob does it and when he is determined to roll over that way, he makes it happen. Love that kid.  :)

I attended the Surviving Motherhood group meeting at Lake Forest Hospital on Tuesday and they had a scale available to weigh the babies. I weighed Jacob and just 5 days after his 6 month checkup he gained 7 ounces and is now weighing in at 17 lbs 10 oz. Big boy!

Unfortunately Jacob came down with a cold this week. We had been trying hard to keep everyone healthy at home, but the little man developed a runny nose and a little cough on Sunday. It is so sad to see him sick. I ended up taking him to the doctor this morning, expecting to be told to let it run its course and keep my eye on him, but to my surprise, he was diagnosed with a double ear infection! He seems to be in great spirits though, so I think they caught it early (before there was too much fluid build up to cause a painful infection). We started him on Amoxicillin this morning (which was hilarious, by the way) and hope that he will bounce back quickly. We will follow up with the doc in 2 1/2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment