Can you believe that Jacob is already 4 months old?! He had his 4 month doctor appointment today and measured 26 inches long (90th percentile!) and weighed in at 14 lbs 12.5 oz (50th percentile)! He is getting so big! We will be introducing rice cereal this month - cannot wait to see how he responds to that! :)
He had to get 2 shots again today - not fun! My mom came with though, so I cheated and had her hold his little fat legs down while they gave him the shots. I cannot stand it! I hate to see him respond to the pain. But I did spend those few seconds preparing to nurse him, which really did help with the pain, so I don't feel as bad! He has been sleeping now for over 3 hours!!!
On that note, Jake has decided as of last weekend that he no longer needs naps. He was waking up 10-20 minutes into his naps, so we started a new routine with him and now he is boycotting naps altogether! I started letting him cry for the first time on Monday and it is the hardest thing to do. I know it works better on some babies, but Jacob gets himself so worked up. He needs to learn how to self-soothe and put himself to sleep. He got too used to being rocked and nursed to sleep. Oops!
Fortunately the pediatrician said this is the perfect time to help guide him into a routine and healthy sleep pattern. Yesterday was tough though! When it works, it is the most amazing feeling (he cried for 50 minutes but put himself to sleep FINALLY), but then woke up after 20 minutes. I was exhausted at that point.
So.... thankfully he is sleeping right now. I know it is because of the vaccines, but I am really hoping this 'helps' lead him into a routine. Oh, and he slept for 8.5 hours last night too - yay!
He is so adorable. He really looks like both of you guys!
ReplyDelete