Jacob's next dr. appointment is January 4th, so I don't have any growth updates this month, although we took our own measurements this month! According to our scale he is between 14.5 and 15 pounds and is almost 26 inches long! I cannot wait to see how much he weighs at his next appt and if he is still in the 95-97th percentile for length!
Jacob is lifting his head higher, making longer eye contact, smiling a lot and laughing! He started laughing at 2 months, 3 weeks and over the past week we learned that he likes to 'fly through the air'! We put him on his tummy in our arms, and let him 'fly up' to Daddy/Mommy and tickle him. He loves it, it really makes him giggle! :)
Jacob loves to stretch. In the mornings and after naptime, we lay him down and just let him stretch for a good 5 minutes, at least. It is entertaining! I've never seen a baby stretch so much - he really gets the most out of a stretch!
He also loves to kick. He gets going really fast and it looks like he is running a race! Sometimes he starts breathing rapidly while he 'runs' too, haha. He's been working those legs so much, that he is strong enough to stand! In fact, sometimes he gets riggid and I can't get him to bend his legs! (like when I am trying to sit him up in the bath, he shoots his legs straight out and when I lift him up he tries to stand - it is so funny.
Jacob has been 'talking' to us a lot lately. In fact, he has learned how to howl! I read an article that said how much babies like it when you respond to them by making the same sounds. I started doing that one day and Jacob loved it! Dan was giving him a bath one night and Jacob made a howling sound, so Dan did the same. Jacob howled back and they went back and forth for like 5 minutes. It was hilarious! He also has been making pterodactyl sounds in the mornings when he wakes up. haha!
I can't wait to see what month 4 brings!
No comments:
Post a Comment