Thursday, November 5, 2009

2 months!



Jacob is 2 months old! He had his 2 month appointment yesterday and now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz, which is in the 50-75th percentile for weight! It is definitely showing - his thighs are getting chunky and he is developing the cutest chubby cheeks - I cannot help but constantly kiss them!

He measured 24.5 inches long, which puts him in the 95-97th percentile for length! (like father, like son!!) He still has somewhat of a 'peanut head' (one thing he got from his Momma, haha!) but he is showing steady growth, which is what the dr's are looking for.

So the appointment went great, except for the shots :( Jacob had to get his DaPT, IPV, HiB, Prevnar and Rotavirus vaccinations! Fortunately, the Rotavirus vaccine was oral and the others were given in 2 shots rather than 4, but it was VERY HARD! The shots were so big for such a little baby and the nurse jammed them right into his meaty thighs. It took him about 1.5 seconds to realize the intensity of the pain, which he has never felt before, and his cute little face turned beet red, his beautiful blue eyes welled up with tears, and he let out a high pitched screaming cry that pierced my heart! I felt so helpless. All I could do was cuddle him as tears formed in my eyes as well. Mom, I might need you to come to the next appt too! (he'll be getting the second dose of all these same vaccinations)

Anyone who saw Jacob the day he was born knows he has been able to lift his head since day one! He is doing so well at holding his head up, we put him in his Bumbo Chair the other day. HILARIOUS! I'll walk around the house with him and he just holds his head up looking around with his little forehead scrunched in wonder - which I LOVE! He likes to look in mirrors, so we do that a lot. He doesn't always like tummy time, but he does a great job lifting that little head, working those neck and back muscles :)


Jake still has his fussy moments, but the '5 S's' from 'The Happiest Baby on the Block' have definitely helped, especially the 'happy baby' swaddle and the 'double swaddle', which Dan invented! On that note, Jake has been sleeping well lately! He was waking up several times each night but is now sleeping a 4-6 hour stretch aftter we first put him down. The past two nights he has slept for a 6 hour stretch before waking up! And then he'll usually sleep until early morning, which is fine with me because I am an early riser (thank God!) and sometimes he'll even 'nap' after that so I can't complain about his night time sleep routine. Although, I am still very much looking forward to when he sleeps through the night! Oh, he also started laughing in his sleep sometimes - mostly during his naps during the day. It is the funniest thing!!

It is such a joy to be parents of Jacob! He is growing so quickly as the time flies by. We are looking forward to our precious family time together this weekend. Dan & I will also be going on another date this weekend, while my parents watch Jake, so we are looking forward to that time to connect as husband and wife as well!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Nic! I have been laughing so much reading about all your funny Jake stories and getting more and more excited to finally meet him in just a few short weeks! Can't wait!

    Love you!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete