A whole month has passed since Jacob entered our lives! It feels like I just had him yesterday! Time really seems to be moving in fast-forward these days.
Dan & I went on our first official date(s) this weekend! Saturday night we went to our favorite restaurant Trattoria Pomigliano in Libertyville. Pasta!!!! We haven't been able to enjoy a meal there since I had been diagnosed with gestational diabetes (over 4 months!) So this was definitely a treat. We went to Libertyville late afternoon and enjoyed lattes at Starbucks then had a wonderful dinner!
Sunday we went out to Starbucks again (haha) and went to Didier Farms to pick out pumpkins. We got 3 - a Daddy sized pumpkin, a Mommy sized pumpkin and a Jake sized pumpkin! :) Jake stayed with Grandma & Grandpa. We cannot wait to take him to pick out his own pumpkin next year!
Jacob had his one month doctor appointment and it went great! He is getting so big! He weighed 9 lbs, 14 oz (2 whole pounds more than his birth weight!) and measured over 23 inches long. I cannot believe he is nearly 2 feet long!
Everyone always asks how he is sleeping - or how WE are sleeping! He is a pretty good sleeper, actually. He has been waking up 2-3 times per night - usually once in the middle of the night and then 1-2 early morning wakeups (around 5 or 6am). He goes to sleep kind of late though so we are trying to slowly move up his bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment