Did I mention that I have the best girlfriends in the whole wide world?
My girls Angela, Shynell, Heather and Katie all scheduled trips over the course of Dan's absence, even staggering their trips in a way that I would be 'covered' as much as possible!
They are THE BEST.
Girls: YOU ARE THE BEST!!!
As I previously shared, Angela was my first guest and she was amazing. Not only was she great company - staying up way too late watching Lifetime and HGTV, going to the spa and dining out, she was incredibly helpful, especially with the boys. I never had to ask, she just stepped in and served my family so well.
So did Shynell and Heather.
With five children between the two of them, they graciously put their lives on hold, while their husbands graciously picked up the slack at home, so they could be with me. To say I am blessed is an understatement. To say I am thankful is not nearly enough.
Shynell and Heather arrived with chocolates for me (thank you ladies, you know me well!) and gifts for the boys - candy, toys and bubble guns! Shynell and Heather were very popular with them!
We enjoyed sitting outside watching the boys play, then went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was so good to have them here! I was excited to show them my life in Georgia, and spend the next few days with them.
Since this visit was a bit of a getaway for them, we decided to hit the spa while the boys were at school. Such a fun, relaxing way to spend girl time together, while catching up on life.
But as much as we love the children, you can't beat a night out with just the girls! So we set aside an evening for just us and headed to Suwanee Park Tavern for dinner, then Adam's Piano Bar on main street in Buford for dessert.
The service was very, VERY slow that night, but the silver lining? We literally talked for hours, and it was so nice. These two are the type of girls you can talk to about anything. We are real and honest with each other. We listen, but give advice when needed. We laugh, we cry. We are there for each other. They are the real deal! I truly love you, ladies.
Unfortunately, their visit came to end much too quickly, but I will always cherish our time together and the memories we made. Ladies, I am so thankful for you! Thank you again for stepping in and being there for me when I needed you!
As sad as I was to see them go, the end of their visit meant Dan was coming home. And the boys and I were dying to see him!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment