Thursday, May 26, 2011

4 great years

Today we celebrate 4 years of marriage! Tomorrow we celebrate 11 years since we started dating (12 since we met)! How did time go by so fast?!
Our wedding day!
11 years ago when we started dating. Like our awkward prom pose? haha

I feels like just yesterday that I was re-adjusting my 'route' so I could 'run into' Dan during our passing periods at Grayslake High School. :) It feels like just yesterday that we were young teenagers dancing together at prom and falling in love. It feels like just yesterday that we were roaming around campus at NIU, trying to find our classes for the semester. It feels like yesterday that Dan got down on one knee and asked me to be his bride. And it feels like just yesterday that we stood before God, our family and friends and exchanged our vows - looking forward to a lifetime of happiness.

And 4 years later, we celebrate a love that is deeper than ever, and a marriage that is stronger than ever - all praise be to GOD of course, as we all know I deserve none of it. I am married to an amazing person, who I literally watched mature from a young man to a strong Christian man and husband, the spiritual leader of our marriage and family.

We had a great stretch living in Libertyville - late nights, date nights ... did some traveling, moved into our first house, had our first baby boy, and will soon welcome our second. A lot has happened in 4 years! We are so thankful for our blessings and look forward to what lies next in our future together.

We plan to celebrate on Saturday at our favorite Libertyville restaurant, Trattoria Pomigliano. I am looking forward to what will probably be our last date night before Matthew arrives! :)

2 comments: