Sunday, April 4, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

HAPPY EASTER!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACOB!

Our baby turned 7 months old today - on Easter! Oh, what a wonderful day today was. You know those days that are just so enjoyable, you feel a little sad when they are over? That is what today was like.

We started off the day bright and early with the little man - had breakfast as a family and got ready for church. I was so excited to get Jacob in his Easter outfit! My mom & I found a little linen suit on sale at The Children's Place for 50% off. Not only did Jacob wear a dress shirt and a khaki colored linen suit, but also a hat. Check him out - this is him after we picked him up from the church nursery! What a little man!! In fact, there was a teenager standing nearby and he goes, 'Oh, a little man!" haha
The Easter service was so perfect. In his sermon, Eyewitness News, Pastor Todd used eye witness accounts in the Gospel to confirm Jesus was who he said he was and that he DID rise from the dead! His message was firm and inspiring - I am thankful that we all got to hear such a powerful message on such an important day - especially my family, who joined us at church on Easter.

After church, we came home, put Jake down for his nap, then headed over to my folks' house after he woke up. The Furrows joined us for Easter dinner this year, which was so nice. We had a good time visiting and playing with Jake before dinner was served.
Dinner was served and Oh, was it good.. the ham, the mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls, sweet potatoes, and then all the dessert... I was so full - it felt like Thanksgiving! After dinner & dessert, Jake got a visit from the Easter Bunny. Or should I say, several Easter Bunnies?! He received 5 Easter Baskets this year! It was like a mini Christmas with all the toys and clothes he got!
What a wonderful day. One I will always remember and cherish.
And to know we are covered in God's love and saved through Jesus.
What more could we ask for?

1 comment:

  1. Umm... his outfit is about the cutest thing I have EVER seen. He's such a handsome little guy! I'm so glad you all had a great 1st Easter together!

    ReplyDelete